What if every child could #BeActive in school with sport and play?
What if every school took one day to celebrate sport in Europe? Could it help students to kick-off a lifetime of health? We say YES. Join us.
WHY? THE FACTS
Plenty of research shows that #Being active makes students healthier and better learners in the classroom. School spirit improves too with fun and inclusive team sports. Does your school have a sports day? Let’s organise one!
TOP FIVE REASONS TO JOIN ESSD
- Raise the profile of physical education (PE) and sport in schools
- Create fun and enjoyment through physical activity for young people
- Promote health and wellbeing for lifelong learning
- Encourage social inclusion and develop social competence amongst students
- Connect with other European countries
WHAT MAKES YOUR DAY “ESSD OFFICIAL”?
Getting your school to #BeActive for at least 120 minutes. Run or walk the distance of the given year (e.g. 2022 meters in 2022). Running, hopping, skipping, dancing: any kind of physical activity counts.