The Irish Primary PE Association was founded in 2002 by and for primary teachers who were particularly interested in the subject of physical education. The IPPEA is an association dedicated to heightening awareness of PE issues in primary schools and it aims to promote physical activity in an educational context.
The IPPEA aims to:
- Represent and support the needs of primary teachers involved in Physical Education
- Support the promotion of Physical Education and healthy lifestyles in primary school
- Hold, organise and participate in conferences and workshops for the purpose of promoting PE at primary level
- Keep members up to date on the latest issues and developments in PE and related area
- Liaise with other organisations involved in the promotion of PE, Physical Activity and Sport