The IPPEA Learning community on Inclusion will be launched at the conference 29th Feb 2020 in Limerick.
The IPPEA learning community on inclusion welcomes any interested IPPEA member teachers in both mainstream and special schools to join anytime.
The aims of the group are to:
1. develop a community of teachers with a shared interest in inclusion in physical education
2. share experiences on inclusion in physical education teaching
3. help other teachers who require assistance in inclusion in physical education lessons
4. share resources
5. build on inclusive strategies in physical education
Sharing platforms will include:
• One to one email exchanges
• Online platform meetings, e.g. Skype
• Face to face workshops
• IPPEA social media and newsletter postings to share practices
• Information on the IPPEA website sub tab
Claire Heffernan, a primary school teacher and Susan Marron, IPPEA committee member/DCU, will lead the learning community organisation
Please email email@example.com if you require support from us.
See our members area to see who are IPPEA inlcusion helper teachers are to advise us>
Intouch Publications to date 2019/2020 series
Marron, S. & Murphy, F. (2019). Including all pupils in physical education INTOUCH September 2019 p.43 https://www.into.ie/app/uploads/2019/07/InTouch_Sept2019_archive.pdf
Marron, S. & Murphy, F. (2019). Planning for inclusive PE INTOUCH October p.53 https://www.into.ie/media-centre/publications/intouch/
Kelly, R. & Marron, S. (2019) Including a child with autism in PE Lessons INTOUCH November/ December p.51 https://www.into.ie/media-centre/publications/intouch/
Gallagher, S. & Marron, S. (2020). The Inclusion of Children with Visual Impairments in PE Lessons January/February p.55 https://www.into.ie/media-centre/publications/intouch/
O’ Regan, S.J. & Marron, S. (2020). Including a child with a Hearing Impairment in the PE lesson March p.53 https://www.into.ie/media-centre/publications/intouch/